Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We're leaving on a jet plane!

So it's 8 days before we leave for Los Angeles and IMATS (International Makeup Artist Tradeshow) and we are so excited. Everything is set and the only thing I have left to do is get my accessories and toiletries. It's myself, Ree (Marie), Trinity, Debbie, Ale, Nia, Barbara (Lulu) and Fran all meeting in LA. We've been planning this trip since November 2009 when the dates were released. Fram, Ree and I are flying in on Thursday June 24th and flying back Tuesday June 29th. Trinity is driving in from Vegas on June 25th and Lulu, Nia and Ale are driving in also on June 25th and staying with Ale's sister. Debbie luckily is local. So everything is all set right..ok. Yesterday I get a frantic text from Ree that Ale is pissed because no one can get in contact with Lulu and she's deleted her twitter account and deleted us from facebook. I was confused because I had just seen a post from Lulu a couple of days ago. But sure enough when I search for her name I've been deleted. None of us knew what was going on. There were no arguments there was nothing. Just out of the blue she disapears. We all tried calling her only to have the call blocked and I even tried to text her saying "hey we all understand if you are going through something and cant go buy you owe Ale and Nia some kind of explainaiton" Nothing...now that's some bitchassness right there.

So we all hop on an online chat room to talk about it and how rude, evil, and janky the whole situation was. Lulu offered to drive everyone yet did not keep in contact. Now maybe its the planner in me but you would think that if you offered to pick up 2 other people and drive them to another city you would be on top of your game and keep in constant contact as far as what the travel plans were. So Ale ended up having to buy a plane ticket. Luckily she found a good fare flying into Burbank instead of LAX. The only problem was when I called the hotel to get an extra room they told me they were sold out. So Ree and I offered Ale and Nia to stay in our room.

Luckily when I got to work I called the hotel and was able to work something out to get Ale and Nia a room. We all pulled together to help friends in need. So now Ale is flying in to LA and we arent sure about but one thing is is forsure..we will have a wonderful time and we are ready to go!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes girl!!! that was some Foolery right there.

    I'm so fortunate to have friends like you guys and I appreciate you guys helping me with the room and driving situation.

    Sometimes in life you learn the hard way.. it's just having your trust and friendship in someone .. then for them just to leave a responsiblity is messed up. Why offer a ride if you down the road you will probably flake out?

    Regardless... I'm so happy it will be us and we'll all have a great time. I can't wait for our lil VACAY!!

    Love,
    Alejandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl....this was definitely the beginning of some serious foolery!

    But we moved past it with poise and ease. No sweat off our well manicured brows. People will learn someday that a true friendship bond is hard to break. It's built on mutual respect. We understand that we wont agree 100% on everything, but that's what makes us unique and adds mad flavor to a clique. I'm glad to have wonderful women in my cirle :-)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea what will take place when all of us get together.I am fortunate to know all of you girls and finally I get to meet the girls I talk to on a daily basis. I can't wait and I am so dead at one of your tags being bitchassness hahahah

    ReplyDelete